Wieden+Kennedy is looking for a social strategist to help usher in the future for their beloved client Old Spice. Forget an ordinary job interview. W+K has devised a progressive method in which you can prove you are the cyber warrior they’re looking for. You need more than a finger on the pulse of internet culture to find new opportunities and platforms in the social space. With a series of internet challenges you can show you are the perfect candidate. A revolutionary and inspiring way to find a social guru.
The actual job description is not very different from a ‘regular‘ Social Strategist. But the sheer novelty of this approach sends in a lot of messages. The candidates will have five days to complete one or more of the challenges listed below. Once completed, proof should be submitted in the form of a case study presentation deck outlining what you did and why it was effective. All decks are due on or before Monday, November 5, at 5:00pm.
- Challenge 1 - Create the best original Pinterest board dedicated to the sport of inline speed skating (NOT roller-hockey).
- Challenge 2 - Create and post an original piece of content to Reddit that then receives the most upvotes in a single week.
- Challenge 3 - Create and upload to SlideShare an original, in-depth competitive analysis of the Ed Hardy social media ecosystem.
- Challenge 4 - Get the most people to friend your mother or your father (or a parent-like figure in your life) on Facebook in a single week.
- Challenge 5 - Create an original (new) Twitter account and then use it to get the most followers in a week using any verbs you like, but only the following nouns: “BLUEFUDGE,” “HAMMERPANTS” and “GREEK YOGURT.”
- Challenge 6 - Create an original YouTube video that then receives the most plays in a single week using this script verbatim:
- #1: “Wait. What are you doing?”
- #2: “Trust me. This will be fine.”
- #1: “Ok. Go ahead.”
- Challenge 7 - Get recommendations on LinkedIn from at least three other people trying to get this job.
- Challenge 8 - Create the most reviewed recipe on allrecipes.com in a single week using cottage cheese as an ingredient. The reviews don’t have to be good.
- Challenge 9 - Upload the most pictures of your armpit(s) to Instagram during the course of this challenge. The pictures must have your face in them to verify your identity and include the hashtag #mypits.
- Challenge 10 - Using Quora, give thought-out, meaningful answers to as many dream catcher-related questions as possible in a single week.